Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Firewall / ICS - SBS 2003

Operating Systems

Old 06-11-2009

Hi,

I have a querry on adding exception to tally software/port, coz the error I get when I try to access firewall option in SBS 2003 standard editon is.

"Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service on local computer"

...I have also tried to start the firewall services, but unable to.

Could someone share their views.

Thanks in advance,

Harish Vasishta

Old 07-11-2009
Dr. V

Re: Windows Firewall / ICS - SBS 2003

Trying disabling RRAS (in it's MMC console) and rebooting with ICS off. Firewalls are very important to help keep your server and network secure. This can occur when Routing and Remote Access is enabled. Changing the Windows Firewall/ICS service to disabled, executing "netsh winsock reset" and rebooting the server has been a consistent fix each timeIf this is the case, you must disable Routing and Remote Access before the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service can start.
Old 07-11-2009

If you are getting Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service on local computer error message then i would suggest you to check out the below links

could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
Error 170 - Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer.
Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
Couldn't start the Windows Firewall/ICS service on Local Computer

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,