Thread: AVM USB Wireless LAN doesnt work on Windows 7

AVM USB Wireless LAN doesnt work on Windows 7

I have a problem with my USB Wireless LAN. AVM USB Wireless LAN doesnt work on Windows 7. In Windows XP it ran perfectly, never crashed and I had no problems with it on XP. Now I have installed Windows 7, and tried to install the USB Wireless LAN. The installation finished with no problem. At first it did not connect to the network. The connection is is good with perfect signal, but suppose if I do surf the Internet or download something, the connection is interrupted and everything that i am working on the internet stops. I've tried everything, I have downloaded my latest drivers from the official site, but it does not work. I have really tried everything, I put the USB Wireless LAN in all USB slots but that doesnt work either, I installed different drivers, I'm just really frustrated, please help guys...

Re: AVM USB Wireless LAN doesnt work on Windows 7

Do you have the network adapter set to "Obtain an IP address Automatically" listed? Maybe your WiFi adapter is not suitable for Windows 7. Which manufacturer does the USB Wireless LAN belong to? I think you should try to install an older version of the driver. That may work. Does the manufacturer have the driver for Windows 7? If not which driver did you use? Do post back...

Mine is a "AVM FRITZ! Wireless USB Adapter v1.1" I checked in the Website which tells me that it is supported by Windows 7. Please help I don't know what to do... Any help will be appreciated. Also i want to know if Windows 7 has good support for this USB Wifi Adpater of mine? If not, which works best? Thanks!

The current drivers for AVM USB Wireless LAN for Windows 7 and Windows 7 x64 is version 05.04.27. This means your drivers are too old and not the latest version. I would not recommend you to use the old drivers if they are problematic. I advice you immediately download the latest drivers according to the system architecture [32bit or 64bit] and install them. Reboot your machine after installing the latest drivers and check if you get the same problem? I don't think you will get the same problem. I hope this helps...

You can download the latest drivers from the official website or you can checkout the latest drivers direct link from below. These are the newest drivers that are available for your AVM USB wireless Lan. The download link is of the official site itself. If these drivers don't work, download one version older and check if that works. Complete support for Windows 7 is yet to come as its a new operating system. Here is the download link : 32-bit drivers & 64-bit drivers

Thanks a lot friends. I will give the new drivers a try right away. Also i have to buy a new USB Wireless LAN for a new laptop. But this time i will consider buying a d-link or linksys product... Thanks again guys, for all your help...