Thread: Sound issue with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sound issue with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello friends. Is anyone facing Sound issue with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala? Or its just me? I want to play some music on my Ubuntu 9.10 and it says plugings are missing. I get the plugins and then the songs play. But i feel something is wrong with the sound... If anyone have any solution please post...

Re: Sound issue with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I agree with you, i too don't understand whats wrong but there is some problem with the sound, sometimes i hear humming sound, sometimes the last sound which played keeps echoing. I tried to higher the volume and lower it but nothing helps... There is a lot of scratching sound too. Does anyone have some work around? Please help.

I think there is some problem with the driver. Can you uninstall and reinstall the driver? I think this may solve the problem, Try to update if not remove. Check if there is some missing file. Also check if you have downloaded codec that also can be a problem. Did you try to fiddle in the volume control? That may give some help... Keep trying till a solution is found...

I have no sound on Ubuntu 9.10 after upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04. On Ubuntu 9.04 everthing was working fine. I have no sound and everytime i start Rhythmbox, it would start and then close by itself without giving any error. Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade screwed my system. Please help...

The problem is with the new ALSA sound driver. The new drivers which are updated by Ubuntu 9.10 itself is buggy. I too had this problem on my office computer. But everything is fine on my home computer. I think the new drivers are not supporting all the latest drivers. Check if you can get some update from the sound manufacturer, which is nearly impossible...

Ok, So many people have the same problem, Thanks for responding to this question of mine. Else i though i was the only one with this problem and i have screwed the installation somewhere. I think all we can do it to wait for the bug in the sound driver to be fixed. Thanks again!

hi guys

am new to linux and i just installed ubuntu 9.10 and i have no sound at all. am using a fujitsu siemens amilo li1708. i have been going through the forums and nothing seems to be working for me. maybe coz i dont know how to really operate linux. please help and if possible with detailed commands for the terminal that i can just copy and paste