Thread: iTunes on Ubuntu?

iTunes on Ubuntu?

Hey pals, I have switched to Ubuntu 9.10 and i'm in love it this Operating System. Its so much faster then virus addict Windows. Ok, the problem is, windows application don't run on Linux. I want to run iTunes as i have an itunes account and an ipod. I regularly buy music from itunes. Any way to run iTunes on Ubuntu? Please help...

Re: iTunes on Ubuntu?

You can use Wine to install Windows Software over Linux OS. Install Wine and then install iTunes and you will be able to run iTunes on any linux flavor with the help of wine. If you are not sure how to use wine and need any help you can have a look at this link : Wine Installation on Ubuntu 8.10

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    You can use Wine to install Windows Software over Linux OS. Install Wine and then install iTunes and you will be able to run iTunes on any linux flavor with the help of wine. If you are not sure how to use wine and need any help you can have a look at this link : Wine Installation on Ubuntu 8.10
    Thanks for the help mate, i have already been through the thread and it doesn'e help me. I tried installing iTunes through wine but it always fails... Also if i could get iTunes version which runs natively on Linux would be much more helpful. Cross-platform appliations are ought to cause errors...

You can try and use Amarok,which has a Magnatunes through which you can buy songs. Also try VirtualBox to install Windows and then from within windows it is already possible to run iTunes. If you have any more doubts do post back...