Thread: Windows XP recovery console hangs

Windows XP recovery console hangs

Hi,

My Windows XP Pro does not boot and recovery console hangs up. During boot I get the regular Windows screen with the black bar, but nothing more. Safe mode starts with the list of drivers as expected, but then just hangs. I have tried the recovery console with the CD and boot floppy and created new downloads from Microsoft (both hang up). Because I can not enter the recovery console can not do any of the recommended methods to recover a corrupt registry, XP accident, etc .I also tried to reinstall XP from the boot disk and when searching for previous versions of Windows ...

Re: Windows XP recovery console hangs

Why you need to use the Recovery Console, just follow the steps and remove the partition-s with the settings that you do not have to use the recovery console at all! And you can download from the manufacturer of your HDD witches and formatting diagnostic tool will help you clean your drive clean or you can download or buy Third party programs like killdisk.

I had encountered the same problem as you. I managed to solve the problem by booting from a new Windows XP CD-ROM installation of a new PC. I think this CD-ROM has been created for an installation of XP Service Pack 2 and Microsoft, which had by then corrected the error that caused the CD-ROM before hanging up the repair.

I was able to format and partition the launch of the XP CD and do a fresh installation of Windows that way. Unfortunately, I did the O / S for the XP partition is large enough to start again.

The process itself (putting the CD in, select 'Install', select 'new installation, install updates for downloading files and copying files, then install XP ... new installation, partition etc.) is not working. At the point in the installation phase of Windows is supposed to begin, skip to the restart phase of my machine.

I tried to just boot from the CD (do not read other units through the BIOS setup), but it hangs like the original problem with or without using the Windows Recovery Console Option.

Try the following before transforming, but if you really want to, you can use the Recovery Console by removing all partitions. The creation of new ones is optional, since the installation of XP should do that for you. However, I probably would do a partition and format both the drives .

If the Recovery Console is not cooperating, try using the latest version of FDISK, run into a boot floppy. Be sure to remove all partitions on the disk.