Thread: Error opening file for writing in Windows Vista

Error opening file for writing in Windows Vista

Hi,

I have a problem while installing flash when I run it in Windows Vista. It install files in C:\Program Files. It work well in windows Xp but in vista it give me this error, Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\.... Only options are to abort, retry or ignore. I ignored but then couldn't log into server. Please advise..

Re: Error opening file for writing in Windows Vista

Error opening file for writing, this error means that the program is trying to update open while the installer is running. To resolve this problem, close all applications currently running and try installing the update again. If you still have the error after this, restart the computer and try installing the update immediately after restarting.

In my case, the Shockwave Flash Object is set to disabled. I changed it to Enabled, and I was able to install and use Flash properly. Now I'm sure you do not. In my case, the Shockwave Flash Object is set to disabled. I changed it to Enabled, and I was able to install and use Flash properly. Now I'm sure you do not.

I had the same error and tried to remove the program and reinstall and it worked for a day and then did it again. After following the instructions for removing the DAT files I was still unable to run Firefox. Only after reinstalling using the installer Run as Administrator did complete the installation. Not yet run in normal startup mode. After starting Firefox with Run as administrator in safe mode did finally work. After that it will load and run normally without using Run as home Administraton.

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users.

Microsoft don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

1.Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

2.Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

Flash may require you to be logged in as an administrator. As a workaround, to launch Flash, right-click the icon and choose "Run As Administrator. You need to run Firefox as an administrator user, according to that Mozilla support website, in order to remove the "Error opening file for writing..." on Vista