Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error message when I right click on desktop icon or try to access file menu

Operating Systems

Old 01-11-2009

ohmy Error message when I right click on desktop icon or try to access file menu

I have started getting the following error message whenever I right click on a desktop icon. It also appears when I select a file in windows explorer folders and press the "File" menu button on the menu bar.

Error signature
AppName:explorer.exe appver 6.0.2900.5512 modname: kernel32.dll
modver: 5.1.2600.5781 offset: 0000d00d

If anyone has an idea what is wrong and how I can fix it, I would greatly appreciate your help. Or if anyone knows other sites that I can check to look for a solution, that would be great also.

Old 13-05-2011

Re: Error message when I right click on desktop icon or try to access file menu

According to me there is some virus attack in your system and it has affected your system file i.e. kernel32.dll. I would recommend you to perform System Recovery. This will possibly recover the system files and restore the original system files form your Windows CD. And if this also does not help you solve the issue then there is no other option left for you, other then reinstalling your Windows OS in your system. I would recommend you to take backup of your important data before performing System Recovery or reinstallation of Windows.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,