Thread: Safe mode does not work

Safe mode does not work

Hi,

My computer will go through the whole boot process and windows XP hangs up with blue screen. I have tried safe mode and get the same result in XP screen hanging. I have also tried all other options in the (F-8) advanced options menu and Safe mode does not work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Re: Safe mode does not work

What BSOD error are you getting? And there are drivers or files mentioned? If you restart immediately at the F8 menu, select Disable automatic restart on system failure. Also, have you updated you windows xp?

That sort of early blue screen most likely means bad power supply , ram or registry problem. If you do not know how or the means to solve this problem of having the computer to a repair center and hope is only the power supply. If you have the ability to do so, remove the hard drive, install it on a USB enclosure and see if you can read and copy your content from another team as soon as able.

You can repair a corrupted registry in Windows XP. Corrupted registry files produce various different error messages. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles about error messages that are related to registration issues.