Thread: Error Message : Another program is currently using this file

Error Message : Another program is currently using this file

Hi,

I am having a problem, I can't access any program from control panel it gives this error message "another program is currently using this file" also there are many weird pop-ups, whenever i try to open command prompt i get this error message, another program is currently using this file. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use windows Xp on my pc.

re: Error Message : Another program is currently using this file

The next time you get the error message, "Another program is currently using this file", open the Task Manager and verification processes, sometimes occurs when you run a program by mistake twice, or a program is still running background components after it closes. You can also scan your temporary files to see if theres anything connected to it.

To remove error message, Another program is currently using this file, download Unlocker and restart the computer. Then try to open regedit again, when fail unlock should tell what program / file you are using regedit. Then you can disable the process or delete the file. There are some other options. If not eliminate can delete when you restart the computer before the file / virus begins its process.

Have you tried running safe mode? select Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and then see if you get the same answer. if not, while in safe mode to take a careful look as to what processes are running in msconfig off would not hurt them all, then restart in normal mode and see if the problem goes away ....