Thread: Speed up pc and internet connectivity

Speed up pc and internet connectivity

Hello friends,
    This is my first post in this forum donno whether this is the right place to post this still

i am using windows xp sp2 pro ver 2002 i have 1gb kingston ram 2.8ghz intel processor and 160 gb of segate sata harddsik but still my pc is running very slow i do have intrenet connection and have antivirus installed avg and spybot serach and destroy and recently i am facing aweird problem my modem lights all ok but my internet connection suddenly loose conncetivity and redial option comes up telling dialing after 60 secs i have contacted my internet service provider they are telling that my pc is being attacked by virus so i am loosing internet conncetivity ,i do chk my pc with my virus protect programs so pls help me out to fix my internet conncetion and speed up my pc
    Last edited by sash_007; 31-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Re: Speed up pc and internet connectivity

First of all, the main trick is to clear IE cache. The bigger it gets, the slower your browser becomes. An accelerator program will optimize new systems and older ones. Using a computer accelerator as an alternative to upgrading is a strong consumer decision. Most upgrades are going to cost a lot more than a software solution. All you have to do is go to Tools - Internet options - go to the General tab and delete browsing history, clear the cache, and remove cookies.

The Disk Cleanup tool helps you free up space on your hard disk to improve the performance of your computer. The tool identifies files that you can safely delete, and then enables you to choose whether you want to delete some or all of the identified files. Check this Microsoft guide for more information : 5 ways to speed up your PC

but what about my internet problem why it gets disconnected ??

Speed up pc and internet connectivity

There are many reason for your internet to get disconnected be some issue with your ISP or there might some issue with your computer because of which you are facing such kind of issue in that case i would suggest you to check out below links too

Internet gets disconnected when ideal till reboot
    Internet get disconnected regularly
    Router disconnects after every 40 minutes on Vista system

First suggestion is : || ʍıupoʍs ɯɐʞǝs ʎon ʍoɹʞ ʇɥıs ʍɐʎ˙˙˙|| Use Linux Instead... ||. I would suggest you to use Firefox on Windows PC. Internet Explorer is way too laggy. Internet disconnection may be one reason it indicates you that your computer has been infected by virus. You need to update AVG and see if there are no infections on your PC. Hope this Helps...

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    There are many reason for your internet to get disconnected be some issue with your ISP or there might some issue with your computer because of which you are facing such kind of issue in that case i would suggest you to check out below links too

Internet gets disconnected when ideal till reboot
    Internet get disconnected regularly
    Router disconnects after every 40 minutes on Vista system
    ya thx i think these might help let me try and get back to you i am facing the third problem of interent getting dc 30-40mons interval for few weeks
    Last edited by sash_007; 02-11-2009 at 11:52 AM.

It could be poor line quality, but it's probably your computer. If it disconnects even while you surf then it's probably the line quality or a problem. Please check idel time out of your connection and please provide some details about connection.