Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Password needed to access Entourage after installing Leopard

Operating Systems

Old 30-10-2009

Password needed to access Entourage after installing Leopard

Hi,

I installed Leopard a week ago. When I turn on my computer and open Entourage, I asked m to provide the password in order to retrieve messages. Ive gone to Keychain Access in public services and marked Allow all applications of this subject for my pop.central Acct. That did not solve my problem. I also ran Repair Permissions but that does not resolve. Help me!

Old 30-10-2009

Re: Password needed to access Entourage after installing Leopard

This is because key is being replaced. If, in the dialog box showed to you, you marked "add to the key," the new password must join again, and this should be a single application. If it does not stick, open the keychain and run "key first aid" from the "Keychain Access" menu. That should put any problems right.
Old 30-10-2009

I think that your Mac machine is 64-bit and currently there is a problem with Spotlight in Mac (with file types natively supported by the system as Entourage contacts, events and e-mails).
Old 30-10-2009

After installing Leopard, you might find that the default administrator (admin) account has become a standard account. If no other administrator accounts on the computer, there is no easy way to get your administrator powers back. You have to restart in single user mode (holding down Command-S during startup) and follow the instructions to write the commands needed to gain write access to the unit. After doing so, type rm / var / db /. AppleSetupDone (note the space between MRI and / var) and press Enter. Then restart the type and press Enter to restart the Mac.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,