Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error message : This application has failed to start because uncdms.dll was not found

Operating Systems

Old 27-10-2009

Error message : This application has failed to start because uncdms.dll was not found

Hi,

I did a system recovery and now when I boot my computer I get a warning message :

Windowssearch.exe - can not find the component

This application has failed to start due uncdms.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

I've done all the updates from Microsoft, and I'm still getting the error. I also have looked to see if I uninstall Windows Desktop Search and then maybe reinstall it, but I can not find a way to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 27-10-2009

Re: Error message : This application has failed to start because uncdms.dll was not found

Uncdms.dll regards the implementation of Windows Desktop Search. Uninstall Windows Desktop Search or reinstall it. This is part of Windows Desktop Search, and non-SQL Server Compact. No harm is not necessary.
Old 27-10-2009

Re: Error message : This application has failed to start because uncdms.dll was not found

This happens when you uninstall Windows search 2 and reinstalling. To my knowledge there is no solution. Subsequent to spend much time searching I gave up. All you can do in my opinion is to uninstall Windows Desktop Search and search using a desktop alternative. Upgrading to the latest version of Windows Desktop Search can be a viable option for some people if it is not necessary to search Exchange mailboxes for the search is changed. I use Google Desktop Search and I'm very happy.
Old 27-10-2009

Download WDS 3.01, it lets you perform an instant search of your computer. WDS 3.01 helps you find and preview documents, e-mail messages, music files, photos, and other items on the computer.

The search engine in WDS 3.01 is a Microsoft Windows service that is also used by programs such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Office OneNote 2007. You can use this search engine to index a program's content and to obtain instant results when you search in a particular program.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,