Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error : Failed to allocate memory

Operating Systems

Old 27-10-2009

Error : Failed to allocate memory

When i try to install ubuntu or boot from ubuntu CD i get error message " failed to allocate a memory". Same error with windows xp also... I have 160 gb hard Hitachi hard disk. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 27-10-2009

Re: Error : Failed to allocate memory

For windows xp :
  • Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.
  • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
  • Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
  • Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes.
Old 27-10-2009

Make sure that you have the Windows XP installation CD or DVD available. To verify that your hardware is compatible, make sure that it is listed on the latest Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List (HCL). You need to use advanced Linux Recovery application to recover and restore the inaccessible data.
Old 27-11-2011

ThumbsUp Re: Error : Failed to allocate memory

Calvin, you are genious! You have the best solution for the "Failed to allocate memory: 1455",
One should consider at first that this error is a general startup error.
I mean this error I used to receive in Eclipse when attempting to run a HelloWorld application, maybe somebody else receives for any X program. Do exactly Calvin indicates below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin K View Post
For windows xp :
  • Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.
  • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
  • Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
  • Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes.
Old 19-12-2011

how to fix this problem in windows 7 64bit ??
I got a message "ACMON Error Failed to allocate memory"
I try the same but it's not working ...
can u help me?
Old 19-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel-kun View Post
how to fix this problem in windows 7 64bit ??
I got a message "ACMON Error Failed to allocate memory"
I try the same but it's not working ...
can u help me?
It seems the ACMON Error only occurs in the asus boards. Many have suggested to uninstall the latest version of a software called Splendid and install its older version because it seems as though this problem starts up when installing the new version over the top of the old version of Splendid. Hope that helps you out.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,