Thread: Cannot install firefox 3 in Ubuntu 9.10

Cannot install firefox 3 in Ubuntu 9.10

I don't know what is the problem but i Cannot install firefox 3 in Ubuntu 9.10. I don't know what can i do to get it install. Can someone help me? I want to use firefox as i have a lot of plugins which i need to use while i surf the internet. Any help is appreciated...

Re: Cannot install firefox 3 in Ubuntu 9.10

Firefox is an inbuilt web browser in Ubuntu linux OSes. You don't need to install firefox as it is a pre-installed software. Ok, try this : Open Terminal and type : "firefox" without quotes. This will open firefox browser. Does it not work? Any error or stuff like that? Post what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    Firefox is an inbuilt web browser in Ubuntu linux OSes. You don't need to install firefox as it is a pre-installed software. Ok, try this : Open Terminal and type : "firefox" without quotes. This will open firefox browser. Does it not work? Any error or stuff like that? Post what happens...
    When i type firefox in terminal and press enter i don't get a firefox window instead i get this crap messages :
    Code:
    LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/google/picasa/3.0/lib/npPicasa3.so [/opt/google/picasa/3.0/lib/npPicasa3.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied]
    LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/google/picasa/3.0/lib/npPicasa3.so [/opt/google/picasa/3.0/lib/npPicasa3.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied]

It looks like your Firefox installation is corrupt. Remove it and re-install it. To remove Firefox type :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove firefox
    Once it is removed install it again by typing :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    OR you can download the latest firefox from the official website. If possible download the .deb package file, its easy to install, Just double-click and done...