Thread: How to Apply Windows 7

How to Apply Windows 7

Hello,
    I have hp pavilion at my home. I am runnig xp on that. I am getting boared to run eight year old XP .So windows 7 in market now . I like it's feature and looks. I want to install windows 7 on my system. But how should you migrate to Windows 7? can you help me out ? Any suggestion??

Re: How to Apply Windows 7

Windows 7 requires at least 2 GB of RAM, and you should at least a dual core processor clocked at 1 GHz and at least 16 GB of space to install the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and 20 GB for 64 bits. Computers should also have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card or processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.new PC to run Windows 7, so I'll go automatically with the 64-bit OS. "But before you do this, weigh the advantages and disadvantages. While new PC must be capable of supporting both 32 bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, you may not want even the 64 bits in your production environment. The operating system 64-bit supports more RAM than 32-bit version (which in practice is limited to about 3 GB of RAM), and offers enhanced security through equipment data execution prevention, protection of kernel patch, and mandatory driver signing. But many device drivers "does not work with OS 64-bit, and neither do 16-bit applications unsigned drivers or kernel mode.

You can not install the beta version of Windows without using the installer (at least once) and we made some minor changes to the installation in Windows 7. Note that the minor does not mean insignificant or in effort or impact.Some most beautiful things we have heard and acted upon:
    In Windows 7, we have moved the license key for the home page of Windows, so you can enter it after installation. This makes it easier for people to evaluate and begin using Windows. We also offer a better experience when you upgrade editions (for example, Home Premium to Ultimate) by allowing specific components licensed, not reimaging system. Starting the Windows installation disc 7 has a prettier interface than previous versions of Windows, which does little to alleviate the anger you may feel the need to format if you do not plan to do, but it ' is still much better than the old DOS - Microsoft was based installers pledge off there just a few versions. Once the installation interface has loaded, click on "Custom Setup" allows you to quickly obtain a list of your partitions, and we found that our SATA RAID and storage has been recognized immediately. Wiping and creation of partitions is faster, without need to wait ages for the system painful level formats such as good ol days ". However, we were a little annoyed by the partition system required 100MB hidden that Setup creates - not a big deal here with a great record at our disposal, but responsible for the pain a little more on the netbook will be the 8GB next title.

There were conflicting reports ahead of the RTM release of Windows 7 about whether XP users would or would not be able to upgrade without going through the entire backup / / format re-install / restoration / mourn handle files forgotten. When Microsoft has finalized just who was and who was outside the Party in-Place upgrade, it became very clear that whoever took a pass on Vista it is better to be prepared for some pain. Indeed, our XP Pro 32-bit desktop computers would have nothing to do with a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit install disc, without even the dignity to display a dialog box friendly. So it was time to do with the backups (detailed below), then start DVDt which took 25 minutes to re-boot the installation DVD for the first login screen Windows 7, and another three or four to get past the first configuration to the first, honest to goodness Windows desktop 7. Which included deleting and creating partitions, the full installation for configuring operating system settings, and get logged in. Not bad work for 30 minutes.
    Overall, the process looks like this for an office clean install:
    * Data Backup
    * Boot disc to install Windows 7
    * Select "Custom Installation" and re-create partition primary disk (s)
    * Patience (approximately 30 minutes)
    * Re-Os configure and restore the backup