Thread: Windows xp BSOD

Windows xp BSOD

hi i reinstalled windows as i got blue screens i had windows 7 ultimate and blue screen kept coming up so i went back to windows xp pro 32 bit but i still get them after i installed windows xp i have tried to pinpoint the problem to no luck. i have attached the files which i got from the software called blue screen viewer

My specs are:
    Intel core 2 quad q9550 2.83 ghz
    Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT 1024 MB
    4GB Elixer Ram
    500GB SATA hardrive
    Asus p5q-e motherboard

Thanks for the help in advance
    Last edited by abdulbadeea_88; 26-10-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Re: Windows xp BSOD

The Blue Screen of Death, or more properly the 'Windows stop message' occurs when Windows detects a problem or error from which it cannot recover. Stop errors in a nutshell are errors caused by driver software (kernel level) or hardware malfunction which the system is unable to recover from. The operating system halts and diagnostic information is displayed on a blue screen. For more information on the above issue you can check out the following link. Hope so it may resolve your issue.

Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new software, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes . Go to the device manager and un-install some hardware such as intergrated nic card, intergrated wireless card, soundcard, videocard drivers, reboot the computer and see if the problem disappears.

hi thank you both for your reply ,tried disabling each of my drivers but i still keep getting the BSOD waundering if there is a faulty piece of hardware in my computer?????

Stop error messages can be caused by hardware or software malfunctions. The error messages appear on a blue or black background. Malfunctioning SCSI and Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA) hardware or drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, causing errors. First, you need to turn on debugging information in Windows. Right click on My Computer, select Properties, and click on the Advanced tab, and click on the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. If using SCSI hard disks, check for cabling and termination problems between the SCSI controller and the disks. Periodically check Event Viewer for error messages related to SCSI or FASTFAT in the System log or Autochk in the Application log.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulbadeea_88 View Post
    hi thank you both for your reply ,tried disabling each of my drivers but i still keep getting the BSOD waundering if there is a faulty piece of hardware in my computer?????
    BSOD generally occurs only if there is one type of software problem. A software is trying to access the memory or any hardware location which doesn't exist. Ok, This can occur due to a virus, a corrupt OS file(s). The Hardware problem which can exist is a faulty memory, hard disk or the motherboard and veru rarely PSU... So check what is your case...

Is it possible by any chance that the PSU could be causing the errors by throwing weird voltage out or something? They can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, power supplies, overheating of computer components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits.

hi thanks everyone i think it could be the harddrive as when i ran memtesst the memory is fine so that rules out the motherboard and memory would anyone be able to confirm that it is the harddrive befor i buy one. also i got two new BSOD in two days and i will post them now for more info. just to let you know a few weeks back i never had BSOD so i think something is probobley faulty