Thread: Removing Linux Swap partition from iMac

Removing Linux Swap partition from iMac

Hello friends, I have an iMac G4 and i have some problem. With the help of boot camp, i created partition for linux and swap. I installed ubuntu and used it for about a month. But there was not much do with it, so i decided to remove it. Now my disk utility removed the Linux parition, but the swap partition is a pain in the a**. Disk Utility cannot remove or erase it. Can anyone help me how to work this out? I seriously need help Removing Linux Swap partition from iMac. Please help...

Re: Removing Linux Swap partition from iMac

You have a bootable CD of Linux i guess, Boot your system from the CD and load the live environment. Once in the Live environment, open Partition Editor, Unmount all the linux partitions and then delete the Partition from there. You can also try other Live CDs which are specially designed with hard disk utilities. I hope this lets you do what you are trying...

You can download GParted Live CD. It is specially designed for working with hard disk partitions, edditing it, creating it and stuffs like that. You can partition your disk according to your needs with the help of GParted. You can download GParted from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noverism View Post
    You have a bootable CD of Linux i guess, Boot your system from the CD and load the live environment. Once in the Live environment, open Partition Editor, Unmount all the linux partitions and then delete the Partition from there. You can also try other Live CDs which are specially designed with hard disk utilities. I hope this lets you do what you are trying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    You can download GParted Live CD. It is specially designed for working with hard disk partitions, edditing it, creating it and stuffs like that. You can partition your disk according to your needs with the help of GParted. You can download GParted from here.
    Thanks a lot guys, will give it a try soon and then post back. I hope this works out, this is wasting a lot of space...