Thread: Ubuntu Moblin is same as Ubuntu Netbook Remix?

Ubuntu Moblin is same as Ubuntu Netbook Remix?

Hello friends, I think i am in a big confusion... Ubuntu Moblin is same as Ubuntu Netbook Remix? or its different? If both are different then in what manner? I mean what is the difference between them? Please help guys...
    A Curious One!

Re: Ubuntu Moblin is same as Ubuntu Netbook Remix?

I'm not very sure but i guess both are same. Both are used for mobile devices and hence there would be only a few differences. I may be wrong, so do verify this or wait for some expert to reply...

Moblin is an optimized open source Linux operating system project that delivers visually rich Internet and media experiences on Intel Atom Processor-based devices including handhelds MIDs, netbooks/nettops, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), and embedded systems.

both are different, Moblin is for mobile and internet devices and other embedded devices which netbook remix is for netbooks and notebooks. About Ubuntu Netbook Remix : Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR) is a version of Ubuntu that has been optimized to enable it to work better on netbooks or devices with small screens with the Intel Atom processor.

The packages that make up UNR will work on the respective 8.04 (Hardy Heron), 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) or 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) installation.

UNR is an optional preinstalled Operating System (OS) on some netbooks such as Dell Inspiron Mini 10v and the Toshiba NB100 as well as running on popular models such as the Acer Aspire One and the ASUS Eee PC.

Canonical, the company that is behind Ubuntu, is collaborating with Moblin project to ensure optimization for lower hardware requirements and higher battery life.