Thread: Can wine run .bat files?

Can wine run .bat files?

Hello friends, I have a couple of games which are modded and i have a batch file [.bat] which loads my game with my modds. I want to know that Can wine run .bat files? Please help, I will be installing Ubuntu 9.04, if the games run fine and batch file too run, then i will remove windows and use Ubuntu only in my system... Thanks in advance...

Re: Can wine run .bat files?

I don't think wine supports running batch programs, I haven't tried it myself. But i recommend you to give it a try. Wine builds a windows compatibility layer on Linux OS, so that is suppose to run all the stuffs that a basic windows installation can run. But i don't know if it works...

Quote Originally Posted by Patio View Post
    I don't think wine supports running batch programs, I haven't tried it myself. But i recommend you to give it a try. Wine builds a windows compatibility layer on Linux OS, so that is suppose to run all the stuffs that a basic windows installation can run. But i don't know if it works...
    I agree with Patio. You should give it a try. Well, i don't remember but i had tried it to run AMX mod with my CS game on Ubuntu and it worked. But the best and easy way to try it out is by giving it a try. Also don't remove windows, check this stuff and if it works, then you can peacefully remove windows...

Quote Originally Posted by Patio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    I agree with Patio. You should give it a try. Well, i don't remember but i had tried it to run AMX mod with my CS game on Ubuntu and it worked. But the best and easy way to try it out is by giving it a try. Also don't remove windows, check this stuff and if it works, then you can peacefully remove windows...
    Thanks guys for replying, I will try to run it from a live cd first and then see if it works. I will also try to install ubuntu on disk and then try it again if it doesn't work in live environment.. Thanks again...