Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-10-2009
Members

Chkdsk deleted all files!

Chkdsk deleted all my files. I have a windows vista ultimate. Everything was working fine until windows popped up with a message that the directory had become corrupt, telling me to run chkdsk to fix. I restarted windows and at start up windows said that chkdsk going to check my 80 gb hd for consistency. It then stated "Deleting orphan file record statement #" over and over again, for over many files . After CHKDSK was finished, Windows started and my secondary disk was completely cleaned. Any idea? how can i recover my files? Please HELP !
Old 23-10-2009

Re: Chkdsk deleted all files!

That's really weird , chkdsk never deletes data, it runs at startup because of wrong shutdown last time you turned off your pc. I've never seen it delete large files but it must have identified all of them as damaged or unreadable. you can try any of recover software , use the free trial to see if your data is recoverable, if yes, pay for the full version .
Old 23-10-2009

Sounds like your pc is home for various virus and malwares, update your antivirus and scan your full system before yuou lost more data. If you don't have antivirus installed then get the following:

Download Norton Security Scan , its free. Perform a free virus scan. Also to make your pc free from spywares Download Ad-Aware .
Old 23-10-2009

Try Data Recovery or Search and Recover or Recover My Files etc , they are available for free to try, for complete usage you need to buy them. Run the program, search on the drive letter and select the file types that are most important for you to recover.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,