Thread: Windows 7 validation issue

Windows 7 validation issue

Can anyone tell me when is the Windows 7 validation will be available? I have installed a normal 64 bit version os of windows 7 on my pc which is running fine but I have this validation issue? What can I do to validate it? Thanks for any information.

Re: Windows 7 validation issue

Have you tried to go to Microsoft Genuine Advantage and then from their click on the Validate my Windows, to validate your installed copy of Windows 7. Which version have you installed? Did you install the final version of Windows 7 or the previous rtm versions? Go and try to validate your copy of Windows 7 here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I think that Microsoft has still to revamp its web page for Windows 7 validation so that is the reason why you will have to wait for few days. Till that time enjoy the new OS from Microsoft and do let us know if you face any error message or so.

I also found out that still the validation is not yet done on the microsoft page. I found out that:

Validation for Windows 7 is coming soon!
    Microsoft constantly strives to update our technologies to help protect our customers from the risks of counterfeit software. Right now, we are working hard to improve the way that validation checks to see whether Windows 7 running on your PC is genuine.

Shortly after Windows 7 is available for purchase beginning October 22, you will be able to validate Windows 7 running on your PC to help you determine that it’s genuine.

Helpful resources
    If you’ve already installed Windows 7, here are some links that may help:

* Looking for general information about Windows 7? Visit the Windows 7 home page.
    * Have you already activated Windows 7 with a valid product key? Read the Genuine Windows blog post on how to activate Windows 7 running on your PC (English only).
    * Are you an IT professional? Visit the Windows Volume Activation site on Microsoft TechNet.

Currently supported operating systems
    Only the following operating systems are currently supported by the validation process:

* Windows XP Home Edition
    * Windows XP Professional
    * Windows XP Starter Edition
    * Windows XP Media Center Edition
    * Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    * Windows Vista

As I composed this, flashing message - NOT VALIDATED!

Machine is an Acer Laptop originally supplied with pre-loaded OEM Vista Home Premium. This has now been upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a series of screen shots which show the following sequence of Validation events.

OEM product ID setting changed to Valid Win7 - see below;
    Validation requested - rejected ... however;
    Clicking "Buy New Registration" triggers a machine check;
    This produces smiling young ladies reporting "Validation Successful"
    BUT - this Validation is not implanted on the appropriate page;
    This now triggers daily warnings that my registration is invalid and running out of time!

I have just bought an Acer Notebook and the same YES/NO is happening in exactly the same way. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Vigil.M; 18-05-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: External Links and Keys not allowed

I think that below your laptop, there will be a sticker with some numbers printed on it. With that number, you have to register or so for validating, the same was done by one of my friend on his Asus EEE PC laptop and then his OS became genuine. You can also try to confirm the same information from the dealer from whom you bought the laptop.