Thread: What is RTHDCPL.EXE

What is RTHDCPL.EXE

Hello friends,

I am having Windows XP SP3 as my operating system and everything fine, but from few days my computer is working very slow when i try to find out the cause i came to know that RTHDCPL.EXE is the cause of it. I try to kill this process but after sometime it comes back again. Can anyone provide me some information about RTHDCPL.EXE.

Information about RTHDCPL.EXE

I don't think so RTHDCPL.EXE will slow down your computer because rthdcpl.exe is a process which belongs to Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and it is bundled with Realtek sound card and audio hardware and this program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

RTHDCPL.EXE llegal System DLL

I am also facing some issue with RTHDCPL.EXE, today when i try to take updates from Microsoft i got an box which says as RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation, i thought it would be due to older version of IE, so i install IE 8 but still getting same message. Does anyone know how to overcome from this message. Thanks in Advance.

Issue with RTHDCPL.EXE

I was also getting RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation in that case i would suggest you to reinstall Realtek sound drivers and then try to have a update your windows from here and i ma sure this should solve your problem. If your system is working very slow then there would be some another issue too check out the below links

Windows working SLOW
    Vista working very slow
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...ort/994106.htm

henrythomas Guest

Re: What is RTHDCPL.EXE

RTHDCPL.EXE is a file which may have been installed on your system by you or installed with another program or package. This RTHDCPL.EXE file is from Realtek sound cards, and this is there HD audio file manager and control panel. This file is considered a safe file, and it is not known to be related to any spyware, adware or virus related installations