Thread: Can't Delete Guest User Account

Can't Delete Guest User Account

Hello friends,

I am having Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system and i am want to delete guest user account for that i went to control panel and goto user accounts over there i had selected Guest account, over here i can see only option which is Turn the guest account on. If i click on using guest account in the Learn About box, an error message pop up appears saying Automation server can't create object. Does anyone know how to remove guest account ?

I don't thing you can delete guest account in Windows XP, the only option available with you is to disable it, but for that you have to turn ON that account. I would suggest you to use net users command for that click on start then goto run option and type cmd in Run option and press enter. From there you can delete/add accounts. Note you can't do this to the guest account you'll get access denied error message.

Thanks fore replying me i have try to use net users command it allows me to delete other account but not User guest accoutn can anyone provide me any solution for it, i have try to find on internet too but was not able to get any solution.

If you really want to delete guest account then you need to first you need to reboot your system and start your Windows in safe mode after that login as administrator. Then click on start then goto Control Panel over here you will find Administrative Tools then goto computer management on computer management i will look like the picture in the attachment click on local user and groups click on users there you will see the guest account right click and delete simple.