Thread: Stop 0xFE error message

Stop 0xFE error message

hi,, I have a very short query here and need urgent help form you all guys for the same. From last couple of days whenever my Windows Xp pc come back from sleep mode, the system gives me error saying that "STOP 0xFE." I have seen this error for the first time and really don't know what is it. Could you guys please make me know how can i fix the same ? Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Stop 0xFE error message

Most probably this error occurs when your XP-based computer returns from standby or from hibernation mode. This might be because you have removed the universal serial bus (USB) 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller (EHCI) controller from Device Manager. To work around this problem, disable the EHCI controller in Device Manager. This work around will not change the current functionality of the controller, but the work around will remove the exclamation point in a yellow circle that appears next to the controller listing in Device Manager.

If you have a USB Streaming device attached to a computer running that is resuming from a Sleep (S3) or Hibernate (S4) state, the system may halt and you may receive a "Stop 0xFE" error message on a blue screen.

To prevent the "STOP 0xFE" error message, do not remove the device from Device Manager. To disable the USB 2.0 EHCI controller in Device Manager, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

• Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

• In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the device that displays an exclamation point in a yellow circle next to the listing for the device, and then click Disable.

• Click Yes when you are prompted for confirmation.

The stop message indicates that the USB streaming device driver using USBCAMD2 submitted two IRPs to initiate Isochronous data transfers, both of which referenced the same URB (USB Request Block) to describe the Isochronous data transfers.

This problem occurs because the USBCAMD2 Streaming driver library does not properly synchronize resumption of Isoch streams upon resuming from a system sleep/hibernate (S3/S4) state.