Thread: Windows Vista Sleep Mode

Windows Vista Sleep Mode

My computer when i put it into sleep mode works but when i want to press a key to power up and resume, it tells me that windows didn't shut down correctly and needs to restart. How do i get sleep towork like i could with XP?

Re: Windows Vista Sleep Mode

Check if the drivers are installed for all the hardware devices, this may cause incorrect sleep or hibernation. Also check if the power supply isn't interrupted during sleep...

power supply is fine.

What drivers do i need? why aren't they an automatic part of vista install and setup?

Click on start and type into search box :power options , now click on "power options" it will be at the top under programs, next, under preferred plans section you need to click on " change plan settings" that is under the plan that has already been selected, this plan has a blue dot on it , come down to and click on " change advanced power settings" , now you need to scroll down to "multimedia settings " in the window that has just been displayed, click on it's box to open it up , then do the same to " when sharing media "' now click on the text to the right of "setting" it is light blue ,this will high light it and you now click on the little arrow . select " allow the computer to sleep ". Hope this will resolve your issue.