Thread: How to install Flash Player on Open Suse?

How to install Flash Player on Open Suse?

Hello friends, i have a problem, i went to youtube yesterday and it refused to play videos saying that i need flash player. Can anyone help me with this? I have never had this issue before... Please help...

Re: How to install Flash Player on Open Suse?

Quote Originally Posted by SusE-SoNi View Post
    Hello friends, i have a problem, i went to youtube yesterday and it refused to play videos saying that i need flash player. Can anyone help me with this? I have never had this issue before... Please help...
    Click on the Install Missing Plugins button that appears on the right side of the bar when you visit youtube, It will let firefox search and install the available plugins for you... Did you try it out? You must do it. Make sure that after the flash plugin is installed, restart firefox to let the plugin load in firefox and so that you can then play flash based flv videos that youtube hosts...

Quote Originally Posted by Noverism View Post
    Click on the Install Missing Plugins button that appears on the right side of the bar when you visit youtube, It will let firefox search and install the available plugins for you... Did you try it out? You must do it. Make sure that after the flash plugin is installed, restart firefox to let the plugin load in firefox and so that you can then play flash based flv videos that youtube hosts...
    I did excatly as you instructed but it doesn't work. firefox keeps on searching for flash plugin and then tells me no plugin found and i get a button with install manually. What shall i do now? Please help.. I don't know what to do... Do help guys, Thanks in advance...

Open Terminal and type :
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep flash
    Now install the one which is shown. Or you can go a much easier way, go to adobe website and download the flash player package for your OS. : http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/