Thread: Ubuntu compatible Laptop?

Ubuntu compatible Laptop?

Can anyone help me with this? I need to know if there is any Ubuntu compatible Laptop? I use Ubuntu as a primary OS and i have a Computer with Windows XP if i need to work on it. I want a Laptop which is fully compatible with Ubuntu, and hence all the drivers will be configured by Ubuntu itself, i will buy a laptop on or after 29th 0ct '09 as i want to use Ubuntu 9.10. Please advice friends...

Re: Ubuntu compatible Laptop?

All the laptops are basically ubuntu compatible, in my understanding Ubuntu is a linux OS so it is build compatible according to the hardware... Also Ubuntu takes all the drivers and configures its very well, but some drivers must be configured by you manually and its not that difficult...

Choose any configuration of laptop according to your budget and get Ubuntu boot your lappy. It will work great. As far i know i have never had any trouble configuring Ubuntu on any of my lappy or Macs. It just works great...

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Choose any configuration of laptop according to your budget and get Ubuntu boot your lappy. It will work great. As far i know i have never had any trouble configuring Ubuntu on any of my lappy or Macs. It just works great...
    Also, There are many laptops from HP, Acer and other brands that come with Ubuntu pre-installed... You can go around and pick those too. Hope this is of any use... All the best..!