Thread: Window vista problems

Window vista problems

Hello, Since like 2 days ago when I try to install a file,program or anything from the internet the thing doesn;t install and it just disappear. Example could be like downloading a Music file. The dialog box will pop out where i want to save it too and it start to download, but when the file is finish downloading the dialog box disappear and the file i download can nowhere been seen. Anyone know why???

Re: Window vista problems

Can you remember when this thing started. Did this start after you installed a software or system update? Any software like DeepFreeze or similar things? Try to search the file on the entire computer, may be it could be found. Also during search, select hidden files and system folders too... Please post back...

[QUOTE=Rudra.J;4656253]Can you remember when this thing started. Did this start after you installed a software or system update? Any software like DeepFreeze or similar things? Try to search the file on the entire computer, may be it could be found. Also during search, select hidden files and system folders too... Please post back... [/QUOTE

Apparently no. Also I can't uninstall programs now. It says it cannot find the files

First, you should check for viruses / spyware using a good antivirus/antispyware product, such as MalwareBytes or Vipre Antivirus. If you are confident that your system is clear of infections, then I would recommend running a Repair Installation using the Vista DVD. As long as you do a Repair, none of your data should be lost. It may take a few hours to complete, but Vista is extraordinarily good at fixing itself when stupid issues arise, like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPrimate View Post
    First, you should check for viruses / spyware using a good antivirus/antispyware product, such as MalwareBytes or Vipre Antivirus. If you are confident that your system is clear of infections, then I would recommend running a Repair Installation using the Vista DVD. As long as you do a Repair, none of your data should be lost. It may take a few hours to complete, but Vista is extraordinarily good at fixing itself when stupid issues arise, like this.
    uhm my laptop had vista pre install so I don't have a vista disc

Ok, depending on who your laptop vendor is, you should either have the ability to create a recovery disk set using a program installed on the laptop or you can contact them for a recovery disk. They have to supply you with a media kit or some way to get access to this media kit. Just because it is pre-installed does not mean that you don't get access to the media.

Regardless, I suggested you confirm that you don't have viruses or spyware on your system first. Why don't you start there and see if you find anything.

HTH