Thread: MacBook Pro won't sleep when lid is closed

MacBook Pro won't sleep when lid is closed

Hi,

My computer will not go to sleep when I close the lid. I let it stand for 10 minutes waiting for the light to come down and it will not. I Zapped the pram and did another thing you disconnect the AC, remove the battery and hold the power button for five seconds. No change. so I have no idea what is happening.

Re: MacBook Pro won't sleep when lid is closed

Try to reset the PRAM and NVRAM, you can do this by :
    1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P and R. It is necessary to keep these keys simultaneously in step 4.
    3. Turn on your computer.
    4. Hold down Command-Option-PR keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen.
    5. Pressing the keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound a second time.
    6. Release the keys.

Sleeping in the MacBook Pro is activated by the presence of a high accuracy since small powerful magnet in the lid. Their situation varies from one model to another, but overall is a little above the block. This is placed behind the LCD panel, of course, so placement is crucial because of the distance to be achieved, through the glass.

The magnet is detected by a Hall sensor embedded in the trackpad. If the trackpad is working, the sleep switch sensor must be connected as well.

Sometimes, when replacing an LCD panel, the magnet is forgotten their transfer to the new panel, or not placed precisely where it belongs, and can make a MacBook difficult or impossible to sleep by closing the lid. Older Macs did a lot of cooling through the keyboard, in addition to being inconvenient for the user, could lead to overheating if the lid is closed and the dream was not activated. Macbooks support "closed lid operation" by using a USB keyboard to wake them after closing their lid and connecting to the DVI port, so overhearting should not be a concern for you.

Try to "Remote Login", in System Preferences - Sharing - Services tab. Then after attempting to close, while the blue screen with the circle of rotation is displayed on your monitor, use ssh from the command line from another computer on your home to see what is really happening to your computer. If you are not familiar with SSH, which will require a large amount of detailed information from us, though, so let us know.