Thread: Can I perform Clean Installation with Windows 7 upgrade

Can I perform Clean Installation with Windows 7 upgrade

Hi,
    Is it possible to perform clean installation with Windows 7 upgrade. I am currently running Windows Vista. I am going for Windows 7. Now here Windows Vista has multiple issues in it. Like virus, malicious software, etc. I had use a range of devices on it and the drivers are now also creating trouble. So I worry that if I run the upgrade hopefully some files will not be deleted but overwritten and that can cause system errors. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Can I perform Clean Installation with Windows 7 upgrade

I do not think so that it is possible. On the other hand clean installation can only be done by Windows bootable disc. Instead of paying for upgrade order a Windows 7 disc. That will be better. Because if in future you face system crashes or any other issue then at least you have your operating system in a disc. This saves your money of buying the operating system again.

Yes it is possible to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 by using it upgrade. Here you will also get a hard copy of your operating system which can be kept secure for future. The key to do this is, first you have to buy a the Windows 7 upgrade version online. I will prefer to get the same from Microsoft. Then while buying you will be provided some choices. Download the upgrade version and burn the same to a disc. With this you can perform a clean installation.

Yes it possible. All you will need is the license copy of your old operating system i.e. is Windows Vista. Once you qualify for upgrade then you can download the upgrade to your computer. Burn them to a disc and perform a clean installation by the disc. In this way you get a the entire version of Windows 7 in discounted price.