Thread: Problem with Ubuntu 9.10 beta

Problem with Ubuntu 9.10 beta

I am having some Problem with Ubuntu 9.10 beta. After upgrading Ubuntu, i got a message to restart the computer to start ubuntu 9.10. I did and then the new boot loader appeared. But this boot loader says booting from hd(0,4). How is that possible i installed and upgraded my previous ubuntu that was in hd(0,1). Forget it, when the computer starts, GUI becomes lagy and sometimes i am taken to CLI mode. I have a graphics card from nvidia. Please help. I can boot into the GUI and something weird happens i get to CLI where i cannot type properly, seems to be a keyboard drivers issue. I don't want to clean install as i don't have a backup of some important data on my disk...

Re: Problem with Ubuntu 9.10 beta

Ubuntu 9.10 beta as the name suggests, its still a beta version and it is ought to be buggy and problematic. When you install the OS there is an agreement which says this clearly, you cannot blame ubuntu if your data is lost or you don't know how to use it. This beta is under development wait for the complete version and you can update it then. Till then if you want to take a backup you can do it with any Live CD and save your data to some other partition which is safe or on an external drive...

There seems to be some error with Ubuntu and this is obvious as its still a beta version. Reboot and boot into recovery mode can you work then? If yes, take backup of your data to a location where it can be safe as Rudra suggested, and then format and clean install... Hope this helps...

Ok, thanks for your help guys, i will try both the methods and if any trouble there, will make another reply here. Also i will try to install nvidia drivers and keyboard drivers if i'm lucky to find one. Thanks again...