Thread: Messenger application for Puppy Linux

Messenger application for Puppy Linux

I'm a Puppy linux user and looking for messenger application for my Puppy Linux. It should be something like Yahoo Messenger, which allows me to share my webcam and also allows me to do a pc to pc calling. Where can i find messenger application for my Puppy Linux? Any one have any idea about it? Let me know you suggestion on the above topic. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Messenger application for Puppy Linux

I think XUL MSN messenger works fine on Puppy Linux. For that you just need to install it on any firefox/FirePup browsers. then you just nee to restart your browser and then click on Tool--> XUL MSN Messenger.

Basically, the ads, info pages & IMvironments requires mshtml and flash (and yes, not having flash borks everything). The messages box requires richedit/mshtml. aMsn is a nifty Microsoft Messenger client that allows you to video conference (no audio support yet) and use/see emoticons, winks just like the Windows MSN client can.

aMSN is the second most used application amongst our user base. Get the yahoo web installer. I used that because it also installs flash 10, which is needed. Use wine msgr9us.exe. If the install progress hangs, just press CTRL+C in the terminal and run again the installer. aMSN really needs to be included in the repositories for puppy too, so that people can install it from the desktop "install" icon. It looks like everytime aMSN updates its because MSN changes and blocks out other apps using MSN resources.