Thread: End of file error in MAC system

End of file error in MAC system

I am new here in MAC system. Currently I using Adobe Audition for some media files. The sound here work fine but when I simply drag the media files in a windows anywhere a error comes up stating Logical end-of-file reached during read operation...Result code = -39. Has anybody seen this before. What does this means. I am just playing 1 or 2 MIDI files. Any suggestion here appreciated. Thanks.

Re: End of file error in MAC system

Try this out. First go to Applications > Utilities> Disk Utility. Go to Repair Permissions and choose MAC's HD. Then here choose Repair Permission. After that restart your MAC pc. Try back again with your MIDI files. If still it does not work then you will have to run a update for Logic. A update can fix up the issue.

This mainly happens when you try to move a audio file from its home location to other and the logic file in the background is open. As the error comes up just quick restart your MAC system. This will clear up the error. Second thing again if the error comes up then that means there are some malformed headers in your audio file. Just load the the sample editor and then save it back in a different format. Change the original file with the new file created. Hope this can help you.

The same error when occurred in my system I had follow this solution. First go through each and every file. Then in the window of Logic's Studio use the Change/Convert command. Choose the Change file reference in audio window option. Restart your entire MAC system back again and use Audition to check weather the error is gone or not.