Thread: Type -36 error I/O Errors bummers

Type -36 error I/O Errors bummers

Hi,
    I am facing problem while copying data from a DVD to my drive in MAC pc. I have received a DVD of images. I need to take the back up of the same. Now when I copy the disc data to the primary drive a error comes up and the copy process is failed. The error is Type -36 error I/O Errors bummers. What can be the reason behind this.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Type -36 error I/O Errors bummers

The error appears when the MAC system face some difficulty at the time of reading from a drive or disc and even writing to a drive or disc. This happens due to improper written of data in the drive. It is also possible that the drive or disc may be damaged under such conditions. The solution for this will try to copy some files instead getting the entire disc at one time. Change the location of the copy process.

I think your DVD is damaged. Check the same in a different machine. This things are really buggy in a MAC system. Put the same disc in a Windows computer and copy the data to a removable media. Then transport the same to your MAC system. See the disc layer is not damaged. If there are many scratch marks on them then there is no way to get the data from it.

If this happens in your hard drive then it is better to use any disk recovery tool to get the data in the disk. The recovery tool will examine the disk and provide your information about the status. Second thing many times the data is overwritten on the DVD disc. So this makes it unreadable under MAC system. The only suggestion is to change it and get a new one. But you can take a chance. I think this DVD will work in Windows.