Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2009

Vista network driver bug

Hello,
This one is affecting me so long.I can't install VMWare because of it and I can't install/update an nForce driver either.It offers a hotfix that isn't properly tested yet according to its comments, but I also can't download it.I am using Vista. I dont understand what to do?Can you help me out? Any suggestion?
Old 14-10-2009

Re: Vista network driver bug

Microsoft has a few hotfixes which are not publically available.Usually because they have known issues and the issue they're supposed to fix is not (yet) widespread enough so you have to ring MS directly to get a download link.Try to reinstall VMWare.You have to use the virtual drive to store your work on.If you installed twicwe then sys-restore twice, each time undoing a bunch of other updates and installs.
Old 14-10-2009
Dr. V

Re: Vista network driver bug

Check for error in Event Viewer, follow these steps:
Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.Then go to Computer Management console ,Expand Event Viewer, Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, and Driver Frameworks-UserMode,there you can Click Operational.
Event Viewer display every detailed information about driver installation, startup, shutdown, and power management. Check changes when you experienced a problem so you can check this log.To see exactly what Windows was doing with your drivers at that moment.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,