Thread: Physical Memory Dump Of Windows Xp

Physical Memory Dump Of Windows Xp

Hi all,

I am often getting a BSOD and a system reboot. At times the system gets hanged in the startup itself and I have to force restart by pressing the power button of my laptop. My Event Viewer gives me the following message as error message

Source : 1394 and Event id: 5002

1394 Net Adapter : Has determined that the adapter is not functioning properly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have disabled this 1394 Net adapter in the device manager.
    My default network is connected to Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet and I don't know or to the best of my knowledge I haven't installed this 1394 net adapter

My config is Dell Studio 1537, Inter Centrino Core 2 Duo 2 Ghz Processor, 500GB HDD, 4GB Ram, OS: Win XP Professional and Win 2003 Server.

Moreover, I can be rated a novice user wrt these hardware issues. Plz help me by explaining me in the most elementary terms.

HELP MOST REQUIRED

Thanks and Regards,
    Gnanasambanthan.V

Re: Physical Memory Dump Of Windows Xp

The memory dump, in turn, means that everything that was stored in RAM was saved to a file on your hard drive for analysis, but that doesn't do the user any good since you have no way of deciphering what it means. For that you can check out the following link. Hope so it mat resolve your issue.

Physical Memory Dump Of Windows Xp

If you are getting Physical Memory Dump for the first time then reboot your computer and have a check for the same but if it comes back again then there is some problem with your RAM try to remove your RAM and rub the golden foil with a rubber and at the same time clean up your RAM slot by blowing some air, hope this should work for you, but if you are still facing same issue then try to check out with another RAM if it's working then your RAM is not working and you need to replace it. For more solution check out below links

Physical memory dump
    PROBLEM WITH BLUE SCREEN - PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP
    Physical Memory Dump
    How to Fix a Physical memory dump

Re: Physical Memory Dump Of Windows Xp

If you are getting error message adapter is not functioning properly then boot up in safe mode, goto control panel - system - advanced - startup and recovery settings. Uncheck the automatically reboot option.