Thread: Can't access task manager or regedit

Can't access task manager or regedit

Hi friends,

I am using Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system, everything was working fine few days ago but today when i press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete to delete some process from my process manager, i found that i was not able to access my task bar neither my regedit. I guess my computer is being infected by virus which has disable regedit and task manager. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Not able to access task manager or regedit

In that case i would suggest you to create click on start then goto run and type gpedit.msc and press enter button, now Group Policy Editor window would get opne after that click on expand over there you can see User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System and Ctrl+Alt+Del Options. over there goto Ctrl+Alt+Del Options and double click on to remove Task Manager and then click on enable option and finally reboot your computer from changes to get effected.

Dr. V Guest

I was also facing such kind of issue on my laptop when i try to click on start then goto run option and type taskmgr.exe in run option and press enter hope this should work for you, even if you are not able to do so then i would suggest you to install latest version of AVG Antivirus on your computer and reboot your computer. Now hope you should be able to access your task manager and regedit option.

I don't think so running avg anti virus would solve your problem because your computer is being infected by Trojan virus because of which you are not able to access task manager or regedit, before it effects other drive of your computer i would suggest you to format your computer and install a fresh copy of operating system on your computer, i would prefer you to completly format your computer.