Thread: Windows 7 Error Code 0x80300001 , Windows is unable to install to the selected location.

Windows 7 Error Code 0x80300001 , Windows is unable to install to the selected location.

Hello,
    I have a Qosmio G30-158 , I was having the problem with my Computer , So i tried to install the Windows 7 , But i am Getting error Code 0x80300001 , can anyone tell me what these Error means ? Also Windows 7 setup cannot see my sata drive, please Tell me how can I solve this problem , thanks in advance

Re: Windows 7 Error Code 0x80300001 , Windows is unable to install to the selected location.

Hello ,I was Having the same problem and i tried this to solve my problem

1. First i Loadede the RAID driver from CD. (you can use the Vista driver , it will work)
    2. after the I Installed the driver and created partitions.
    3. then you are needed to Remove the driver CD and insert the Windows 7 DVD.
    4. Finally Clicking on Refresh Will Disappear this Error

Re: Windows 7 Error Code 0x80300001 , Windows is unable to install to the selected location.

you need to Insert the installation DVD Then Boot into the setup process
    Wait Till you Get to the point where you need to select a partition and click on the Load Driver option , there You are neede Insert driver DVD and Locate the storage driver,

at that Screen You can Notice the message "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. (Show details)" at the bottom

so you are need to Insert the installation DVD back into the drive andExpand the advanced drive options
    after that Create a New partition that Will take some amount of space, and after you are done with

It Seem to me that you are using an IDE or SCSI controller that Windows 7 does not recognize and therefore you will be needed additional drivers for it during installation .

I am having the same problem.where to look for storage or RAID driver,My Vio FW series has follwing Hard Drive Type
    Serial ATA.It said non raid.Please advise.Thanking in advance,
    To note i am trying clean install from windows vista to windows 7 64 bit professional.I have formatted the drives.

Dr. V Guest

This error can appear during a clean installation of Windows 7 when the operating system install media is not in the drive. I'm not sure if it's related, but Windows 7 wouldn't install on any device that wasn't first in the boot order, even if it detected the others just fine. This typically occurs when a user is required to exchange disks in order to install required drivers on the system and the operating system disks were not placed back in the drive before proceeding with the install. I had the same issue and this is how I solved it.
    • For that you need to load the RAID driver from CD. (Vista driver will work)
    • Then you need to install the driver and create partitions.
    • After that you need to remove the driver CD and insert the Windows 7 DVD.
    • Then you need to click on Refresh and the error should disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by rasz555 View Post
    I am having the same problem.where to look for storage or RAID driver,My Vio FW series has follwing Hard Drive Type
    Serial ATA.It said non raid.Please advise.Thanking in advance,
    To note i am trying clean install from windows vista to windows 7 64 bit professional.I have formatted the drives.
    Did you check in the BIOS? See there if you can use the drivers as RAID disks... If any more problem, do post back...