Thread: Could not install Windows 7 RC since CD/DVD driver is missing

Could not install Windows 7 RC since CD/DVD driver is missing

I am unable to install Windows 7 RC build 7022, and it says missing CD/DVD drivers. I had checked it and also try to reinstall it via dual boot with Windows xp which has no issues previously. But the RC build is unable to find these device drivers. Do you have any solution? How can I avoid "missing CD/DVD drivers" error message?

Re: Could not install Windows 7 RC since CD/DVD driver is missing

It seems to be a bad CD/DVD burner. I would suggest you to burn the Windows 7 disk again and see how it goes. I am assuming you are able to install it but it stops at the progress bar and then prompted with that message, right? If it was downloaded from net then redownload it and run once again to confirm if that works.

Yes, the installation process goes well without any problem allowing me to even select the region, language etc. But after that it cannot find the CD/DVD device drivers. The downloaded file worked with my cousin on the similar setup. Then why does I am the only one to have this issue?

Did the installation detected your hard drives? Did you tried updating the firmware on my computer to the latest version. May be you need to flash your BIOS to get Windows running on your computer. Did you tried changing the jumpers on the CD/DVD drive?

Save yourself the hassle and type "bootable windows 7 usb" into your favorite search engine. Follow any of the top articles to create a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 7 installation files. All you need is a 4GB flash drive and you can install Windows 7 directly from the flash drive, bypassing the CD drive entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPrimate View Post
    Save yourself the hassle and type "bootable windows 7 usb" into your favorite search engine. Follow any of the top articles to create a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 7 installation files. All you need is a 4GB flash drive and you can install Windows 7 directly from the flash drive, bypassing the CD drive entirely.
    I'm using a bootable win7 USB and still get this error. This even though i don't even have a DVD/CD-reader plugged in and never had..

I've tried two diffrent install versions and they install fine on my other computer(the one im writing on)

I've also tried using a diffrent SATA port.

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2H motherboard and a Seagate Barracuda 250gb SATA harddrive...

Any suggestions?

Looking at other posts, it sounds like the Vista install might actually be complaining about the SATA adapter on the motherboard. Some people were able to get around this by changing the SATA mode from RAID to AHCI, or from AHCI to PATA emulation. Others were able to simply download the SATA driver from the motherboard manufacturer and load it when prompted.

Is your SATA controller configured for RAID mode? If you only plan to use a single hard drive on your system, you could safely change back to AHCI without any loss of functionality. Otherwise, if configured for RAID mode, try downloading the RAID Pre-install driver (Vista's should work) from Gigabyte and extract it to a folder on the same USB flash drive you have the Win7 installation copied to. When prompted with the error, you should be able to browse for the driver. Try pointing it at the folder on the flash drive and see if it continues. For your particular board, it looks like http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...bit)#anchor_os should be the correct URL, at this point in time.