Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 CD/DVD device driver missing problem

Operating Systems

Old 09-10-2009

Windows 7 CD/DVD device driver missing problem

Hello,

I downloaded the Rc on windows 7 yesterday afternoon , I am currently on windows Vista and having no problem with my drivers, my device manager say the everything is normal. So I burned the windows 7 Rc iso that i downloaded, and started the installation of it but then suddenly i get this error message as follows:

"A CD/DVD driver is missing. If you have a diskette, XD, DVD or USB flash drive containing the driver insert it now"

The problem is that I do not understand why the setup can not find the driver, I really do not understand why this error is occuring because the drive works perfectly in windows vista , please tell me how can i solve this problem thanks in advance

Old 09-10-2009

Re: Windows 7 CD/DVD device driver missing problem

I had the same problem While installing windows 7 RC , after verifying the details of the iso, I discovered that the downloaded Iso was corrupted from the start ... I can not find a valid checksum provided by Microsoft to verify that file but still, a new download is in progress, I will inform you of the results ... hope if this can help you solve the problem
Old 09-10-2009

I had the same problem and tried different version of Windows 7 after that I finally reconnected my DVD drive as slave to my hard disk and now it worked to my greatest surprise , hope that this information will help you.
Old 09-10-2009

Simply copy the content of this folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DriverStore \ FileRepository on a USB key and alternatively ,download the necessary drivers from the website of the motherboard and copy it to the same external drive and plug it during the windows 7 installation. and guide the setup to this Folder when it asked for Drivers

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,