Thread: Mac OS X Leopard doesn't work

Mac OS X Leopard doesn't work

Mac OS X Leopard doesn't work on my intel PC. I followed the guide for triple boot and installed OS X first, and windows and the nlinux and added boot entry to grub. Grub boots and shows entry for all OSes. But when i select Mac OS X, it shows a white screen with apple logo then suddenly a grey screen comes which says, Mac OS X need to restart the computer. Press and hold power button for 5 seconds or press restart. I do as instructed and same thing happens again. Please help...

Re: Mac OS X Leopard doesn't work

It Seems you have not customized your OS X Installation. There are some drivers which must be selected during the installation for some machines which do not support default drivers. Click on Customize before you select to install on the last screen. See if that helps... Also tell me which Motherboard do you have and do you have any external cards attached?

I don't use any external cards. I use the onboard graphics and onboard sound. I have a Gigabyte motherboard. Its GA-G31-S2L. Also during customize i selected all the option available so that it will install all the drivers in case i forget so didn't want to take a chance. Any idea?

Thats what the problem is, You cannot select all the options! On your motherboard, you only have to select PS/2 Keyboard Mouse support. I have the same motherboard as yours and you don't have to select all the options. The problem here is, it installs all the drivers and that is what is causing kernel panic. Try it out now and post back...