Thread: Double click not working on drives

Double click not working on drives

I am running windows xp on my computer and i have created four dive on my hard disk. The problem is my all four hard won't open with double click. I always use right click to open them.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Double click not working on drives

To solve the problem Open Start menu then go to run and type cmd and press enter. You will see the command window type cd\ then type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf and type del autorun.inf and now type the drive name C: and press enter for C: drive partition. Restart your system and your trouble will be fixed.

I saw such a behavior of flash drives, where virus was hidden in "recycler. "try to open "RECYCLER", the hidden folder , and erase everything, after restart explorer would work fine, or simply scan the whole drive with antivirus

First go to cmd, type “attrib X:\Autorun.inf –s –r –h” without quotes where X is your drive name which is having the problem.then go to my computer click to local disk with the right button of the mouse go to properties ->toolsand clik in >check now click in the automaticlly fix...... and start and you'r done.