Thread: Bluetooth Phone pairing fails with Mac OS

Bluetooth Phone pairing fails with Mac OS

Hi, i am having a Nokia N97 mobile phone and trying to connect with my Mac OS X computer via Bluetooth but it won't pairs. I tried it doing with the steps mentioned in the following post Connecting Mac to mobile phone via bluetooth . My system requirements also meets that needed to connect a mobile phone with MAc via bluetooth.

Is there anyone that can help me out of this? Please reply soon. Help appreciated..

Re: Bluetooth Phone pairing fails with Mac OS

I have also tried the same steps mentioned in the above post and that worked for me and i did it very comfortably. I think the problem might from your side. When pairing with a Bluetooth phone, wait for the scan to complete before clicking Pair.

If you don't wait, the device appears in the pair window, but the pair process does not complete. For more info and help, check this out: Connect to internet on PC using GPRS Cell Phone via Bluetooth

Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology that lets you connect computers, mobile phones, and handheld devices to each other and to the Internet. Bluetooth technology eliminates the need for the cables that connect devices together. Bluetooth-enabled devices connect wirelessly within a 10 m range.

When pairing a device for the first time, you may see a hexadecimal representation of the device name in the device list. Do not attempt to pair with this device name, or the pairing attempt may not complete successfully. Instead, wait for the scan to complete.

Then the device name should change to that which you specified when setting up the device. Select this name and click Pair.

Open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, located in /Applications/Utilities, and follow the onscreen instructions to set up a Bluetooth device.You can also choose Setup Bluetooth Device from the Bluetooth status menu.If your computer did not come with a Bluetooth module already installed, you need to connect a USB Bluetooth module to your computer in order to use Bluetooth.