Thread: Kubuntu working too slow

Kubuntu working too slow

I have a computer on which i have installed Kubuntu 9.04, but i find Kubuntu working too slow on my computer. The mouse hangs sometimes and the desktop refreshes automatically sometimes. The display also goes off for a second and then come back again. The mouse moves so slow that it seems that the computer is being operated in slow motion. Please help, i love the KDE environment and want to use Kubuntu 9.04

Re: Kubuntu working too slow

I think you do not have a graphics card, you need atleast a 128MB graphics card and 256 MB graphics card is recommended. Also the processor should be a recent and decent enough to handle the KDE 4.2 which is default in Kubuntu 9.04. Whats your system configuration and what is the free disk space on your drive? Do post back...

I have a machine which runs kubuntu 9.04 very smootly, but it doesn't work with this system. This system's configuration is : P4 1.7Ghz, 256MB RAM and onbard graphics card. Hard disk is 40GB and only 5GB free space where i want to install Kubuntu 9.04. will this machine not handle kubuntu? Please help!

That machine won't run Kubuntu 9.04 as there is no graphics card and also 5Gb disk space is not enough. If you install Kubuntu there then the free space would not be left and hard disk needs some free space so that it can map memory [RAM] on hard disk to perform operations on longer and heavy processes which consume more memory then what is available. Amount of RAM is also less and Processor will do but without other components, the Processor is useless...