Thread: OpenSolaris doesn't start

OpenSolaris doesn't start

Hi friends, I have installed OpenSolaris and something went wrong. I am not sure what happened, but my PC suddenly rebooted, i did not pay attention but it was about to finish the installation. Now after that reboot, my PC doesn't boot. I keeps on rebooting and OpenSolaris doesn't start. Can anyone help me?

Re: OpenSolaris doesn't start

Use OpenSolaris Live Cd and boot into live environment, Can you see if there are any files and folders on the root drive where the OpenSolaris system is installed? Was your system a dual boot or single boot system? Do post these details, may be that can help...

Quote Originally Posted by Bracken View Post
    Use OpenSolaris Live Cd and boot into live environment, Can you see if there are any files and folders on the root drive where the OpenSolaris system is installed? Was your system a dual boot or single boot system? Do post these details, may be that can help...
    Thanks for the quick response, these was the first thing that i tried, but Solaris isn't able to mount partitions in live environment. What can be done? I don't know how to get through. Is there any other solution? Please help...

This happened when you were trying to install the OpenSolaris System, that means you do not have any important files and data on the partition. so you can give the installation one more try. During the installation make sure that you give enough space to the partition. For a complete reference guide of OpenSolaris installation process click here.