Thread: Snow Leopard made USB flash drive unusable on windows

Snow Leopard made USB flash drive unusable on windows

I have a 16GB Kingston Data Traveler Flahs drive which i format with Fat32 file system as i use this drive with my Windows PC too. So i need to share data between my Mac and Windows. Well recently i upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard from Leopard and Snow Leopard made USB flash drive unusable on windows. After using the flash drive on Mac, windows wont open it, and asks to format it all the time. I proceed with the formatting and it recognizes the disk as 235MB only. Can anyone help me how do i correctly this problem?

Re: Snow Leopard made USB flash drive unusable on windows

I am not sure if this is possible but did you try formatting the drive again from Windows? Also try formatting it from Mac using the Disk Utility. Try to format from partition tool from Disk Utility. If nothing helps, try Zeroing out the disk. This will take some time but your problem will be solved. Do post back.

Thanks for the reply mate, but I have already tried out everything. The problem is after i used my flash drive on Snow Leopard, it stopped working with Windows and Windows needs to format it, while formatting it will detect the flash drive as 235MB only instead of 16GB, if i plug the flash drive in a Mac with Snow Leopard or Leopard, it will work fine. It just stopped working with the Windows PCs and works great with all Macs. I don't know what Snow Leopard do.

This is a problem with many people whoc upgraded to Snow Leopard. Apple will fix this problem when they are aware of it. Also in the mean time you can try this : Format the USB Flash Drive from your mac with Leopard and not Snow Leopard, Does it work? If it works do post back, many of the users would get help with this...