Thread: Flash drive files lost on Mac

Flash drive files lost on Mac

Hi pals, i need some help as i am unable to do it. Please help. I have a flash drive which i unplugged from my mac when the usb drive was initializing. Now my flas drive is not recognized and my Flash drive files lost on Mac. How to i get my Mac to read the pen drive and get back the data? Please help...

Re: Flash drive files lost on Mac

Well you should give it back to the manufacturer for a replacement if its under warranty, but that will make you loose your data. I think you should have a look at this thread : Any DIY tips for flash drive data recovery from an unreadable flash drive? Hope this helps, any more doubt, do post back...

I had a similar issue, when i pulled my flash drive out of my Mac without ejecting it. It wont detect my flash drive no matter how many times i plug it in and plug it out again. Then i was fed up with it so i plugged it in a Windows PC and it worked there, i again plugged it in Mac and it wont work unless i rebooted my Mac. After the reboot it worked just fine. But there were some files which i lost which i couldn't recover...

Thanks for the advice, It just got detected as soon as i rebooted my Mac, But is there no way to recover the files which just vanishes? I thought i lost data but everything is fine. I just lost two text files which were not so important. Thanks Again!