Thread: New laptop hdd caused usb sharing to stop

New laptop hdd caused usb sharing to stop

New laptop hdd caused usb sharing to stop. I recently upgraded the hard disk, backed by the old disk by ghost and restored it to the new disk. In the remaining space i created new partitions from windows itself and everything works fine. But now my external USB drivers wont share. Can anyone help me with it?

Re: New laptop hdd caused usb sharing to stop

The hard disk has the share for the OS on older hard disk. Now the drive letters might have changed. Try to delete and create the shares again, What do you get? Also see that you are Administrator or you give the sharing from administrative account. Hope this helps...

Unplug the external drive and plug it into some other USB port, let Windows detect the drive and then give shares to the drive. See if this helps. First you must try the above method suggested by Rudra. If this doesn't help, do post back...

Thanks for taking time and replying to my query. I will try both the methods as soon as i reach home... I hope i dont have to install windows all over again, i have customized my computer according to my needs and i keep on changing the settings. If i have to format it, i will be screwed and will need to waste more then a month to get those customization done... Thanks again...