Thread: Macbook Air shuts down when put into sleep

Macbook Air shuts down when put into sleep

Macbook Air shuts down when put into sleep and i don't know what to do. I have tried every possible configuration that i think would be useful. Please help me. What may be causing this problem? Any ideas/suggestions?

Re: Macbook Air shuts down when put into sleep

Try this out. Shutdown your MacBook Air and charge it for a while like say 5 minutes, then turn it on again, attach the charger with it and then put into sleep mode. Let it sleep for about 15 minutes and then try to wake it. Does it wake or again it shuts down? Do post back...

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    Try this out. Shutdown your MacBook Air and charge it for a while like say 5 minutes, then turn it on again, attach the charger with it and then put into sleep mode. Let it sleep for about 15 minutes and then try to wake it. Does it wake or again it shuts down? Do post back...
    Thanks for taking sometime to reply, well the thing you mentioned was the first thing that i did, thinking it might be a low battery issue, i tried to get my macbook air to sleep with full battery with charger and even without charger attached, but nothing seems to work... Any other thoughts??

Before putting your MacBook Air to sleep make sure no application is running which makes frequent processor use or network use. Some application which didn't let my mac sleep were, iTunes, TVDaemon, BurnIt and Safari. Now check which process is running and giving you any error in console? Also if nothing helps use SmartSleep.

I'm having exactely the same problem and it happens under different conditions (full battery, low battery, many tasks, no tasks, connected to power supply, unplugged), sometimes after 8 hours, sometimes after 5min - I close my MacBook Air and when I open it again I find it shut down. When I restart and log in, I get a window saying that *I myself* shut it down because of a problem. I thought it may be that the screen doesn't wake up or the brightness is set to zero but it is really completely switched off, doesn't react to any key, no LED when I hit CapsLock.

Did anyone find a bugfix or were able to get some info from Apple Support? To me they claimed they never heared about the problem. :-(