Thread: Slow startup on iMac with leopard

Slow startup on iMac with leopard

Slow startup on iMac with leopard. It takes about 2 minutes to start. And sometimes the beach ball appears and keeps spinning forever and i have to manually reboot my iMac. Can anyone help me?

Re: Slow startup on iMac with leopard

Well, there may be a number of reasons for the same. Try this out first : Disconnect all the firewire devices, usb devices and network devices and now reboot your iMac, do you see any difference? If still you experience slow speed, do post back...

Quote Originally Posted by Patio View Post
    Well, there may be a number of reasons for the same. Try this out first : Disconnect all the firewire devices, usb devices and network devices and now reboot your iMac, do you see any difference? If still you experience slow speed, do post back...
    I tried this as this is a basic step which anyone would follow, infact i even removed the DVD form the RW. But that didn't help... Any other suggestion or advice?

Do you have a lot of desktop icons? That also causes the system to load slow as it is the first screen that will be presented to you after the system is completely loaded, the rest of the loading can be done even if you start using the computer. Also you might have less free disk space on the system partition, check that out too...

Did install any updates which you might suspect of being the culprit? Also start the activity monitor and see which process is taking too much memory and which processes have started at startup. Also remove unnecessary programs from startup which you feel are not really important to load when your mac starts. Hope this helps...